Monday, December 8, 2014

St. John's 2014 VBS - International Spy Academy

In June the kids participated in, and I directed, our church's VBS program. It was a wonderful program put out by Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum called "International Spy Academy, Agents for the One True God." We are so blessed to have a church family who is so ready and willing to pitch in and help out. I can not say enough about the wonderful team I had to work with! I think the kids had a lot of fun through out the week and I can't believe it's nearly time to begin thinking about and organizing VBS for next summer!
 One True God
At our church the children in 2nd through 5th grade are in a junior youth group called KFC (Kids for Christ). Traditionally each night of VBS they have a "LemonAid" stand to raise money in support of a Salvation Army program that benefits homeless children in our region. This year we decided to put even more emphasis on this effort during our mission moments and I am proud to say our kids raised over $1,000! I thought that was a wonderful sign that we were teaching our "special agents" how to help others through works as well as words. So proud of these kids!!!

1 comment: