Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Macy's Santaland - NYC

Saturday morning, our fourth and final day in New York City, began across the street from our hotel at Macy's flagship store. We got there early so we could enjoy Santaland (all 10,000 sqft of it) and Santa before the crowds became overwehelming. I knew there was no point in trying to get Jackson to take a picture with the girls and Santa so we decided to take a family picture with Santa. I can't believe we managed such a great picture of everyone! :) 
 Santa and my sweet girls
 Hug!
 After our visit with Santa we went on a harbor tour to see and learn a little more about New York.

 It was pretty windy!

 We had great views of the city sky line and the Liberty Tower under construction
 Our last stop in NYC was the Empire State Building. None of us had every been to the top but it ended up being a really neat thing to do and a great way to finish off our NYC experience! I guess we were having a windy sort of day because the wind from the observation deck was crazy!
 Grand-Dad and his girls on top of the Empire State Building
 Grammy and Grand-Dad
 Tim and I with Missy K and Missy Reagan
 Another one of Grand-Dad's beautiful pictures
 The girls each had to have an Empire State Building sucker to enjoy on our way out of town. We also had to get a picture of one of the many beautiful Christmas displays that featured the Empire State Building on the ground level as we left the building.
I'm so glad we were able to see the Macy's Day Parade and Santaland with the kids. It's something I've been looking forward to doing since even before I had kids. Celebrating Kennedy's birthday at the American Girl Doll store and seeing the Lion King were also activities I had been looking forward to doing with children. All in all it was a great trip and we were so thankful to have Grammy and Grand-Dad along to assist us! While we had a great time in NYC I can't think what would ever possess anyone to actually live there! I also don't think I'll be brave enough to go back until McKinley is at least 5. It is just way too nerve wracking to keep track of multiple small children in such crazy crowds! So while we throughly enjoyed our NYC experience I think Disney cruises are more our speed. lol :) We had a great time, but we were perfectly happy to be headed south to one of my favorite cities in the world and a place we called home for the first 6 years of our marriage, Washington DC!

1 comment:

  1. It must have been more than a little windy up there. What adventures!

    ReplyDelete